Click on a menu item below or scroll down to read our swim school policies.
1. Parents are required to stay on the premises, either on the pool deck or in the locker room, for the duration of the swim class or lesson.
2. Parents do not get in the pool with their children during lessons or classes. The only exception is our Baby Bubbles class, which is a parent-and-child swim class. At Baby Bubbles, there must be one adult per one child in the pool; no exceptions.
3. Locker Rooms: There are men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers, where you can change. Please note that the locker room is a shared facility with the entire gym, so please be respectful and courteous when using the space. Bring your own lock if you plan to use a locker. Children may not be changed on the pool deck; they must be changed in the locker room — no exceptions.
4. There is to be no food or drink on the pool deck.
1. Lessons and group classes must be paid for in advance. With the exception of our Sunday Baby Bubbles class, which is $25 cash only and payable onsite to the instructor, we do not accept cash or check payment at the time of your lesson. You must purchase lesson credits or pay for your class series in advance through our Mindbody website. If you wish to enroll in a class, you may do so here.
2. Credits for private and semiprivate lessons must be purchased in packages of 5 or 10 credits. For your first lesson, you're able to pay for a single session. We consider this a "trial" to make sure it's a good fit for one and all. After that, you can purchase lesson credits in packs of 5 or 10. The rationale is this: We are holding a time slot for you week to week, so paying up front for a handful of lessons or classes ensures a level of commitment. Think of it this way: We're committing to you — carving out time on our schedule to help you or your child become competent, confident swimmers — and we'd like you to commit to us, too. Teamwork at its finest, right?
Cancellations, Missed Lessons, Fees & Refunds
1. Our cancellation and missed-lesson policies:
For private and semiprivate lessons: We allow swimmers to miss up to 1 lesson per month without risk of forfeiting his or her spot on our calendar. We require written notice of cancellations, at least 24 hours in advance of your lesson time to avoid losing a lesson credit. Cancellations must be sent to our office staff and not directly to your instructor; cancellations sent to instructors will not honored and you may lose a lesson credit. Please alert our office via text message at 267-702-6043 or email at email@example.com to avoid losing a lesson credit. No-shows or those who cancel with less than 24 hours notice will be charged for the lesson in full.
For semiprivate lessons only: In the event that one swimmer in a semiprivate lesson cancels (with at least 24 hours notice), the participating swimmer will be given the option to rebook the lesson as a private lesson at the private rate ($40 for lessons at Fitness Alive’s facility, or $50 for on-site lessons at your pool), or skip the lesson. If the swimmer who cancels does so with less than 24 hours notice or no-shows, he or she will be charged for the semiprivate lesson and the participating child will be charged at the semiprivate rate ($30 for lessons at Fitness Alive’s facility or $40 for on-site lessons at your pool).
For group classes: We do not offer any make-up lessons or refunds in the event that you can't make it to class a certain week, so please check your schedule and plan accordingly. If you must miss a class, please be courteous and call, text or email us as soon as you can so our instructors can have an accurate headcount.
2. Small-Group Swim Class Change Fee: If you wish to switch to a different class or private/semiprivate lesson after you have already registered for a class, we may able to accommodate your request, depending on availability. However, you will be charged a $25 class-change fee.
3. We do not issue refunds for unused class or lesson credits.
4. Our make-up policies:
We cannot offer make-ups for missed group classes. For missed private and semiprivate lessons, we can sometimes provide a makeup session if the instructor is available to do so. Please arrange these directly with your instructor.
5. Suspending swim lessons: If you wish to discontinue lessons with us, we require minimum one week written notice to allow us time to fill your spot. You must email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Facility Emergencies, Snow Days & Holidays
1. Facility Emergencies: In the event private or semiprivate lesson must be canceled due to a facility-related emergency, every effort will be afforded to provide a makeup lesson. If a class must be canceled, classes will simply resume at the regularly scheduled time the following week, and the six-week series will be extended by one week. We will contact you — via text, email and phone, in that order — as quickly as possible in the event of a facility closure or emergency. Clients will not be charged for classes or lessons in the event of facility emergencies.
2. Snow Days: In the event that getting to or from the facility is dangerous due to the weather, we will contact you — via text, email and phone, in that order — as quickly as possible to alert you of cancellations, and we will provide relevant announcements on our website and social media channels. Clients will not be charged for classes or lessons in the event of facility emergencies. Six-week sessions will be extended a week to provide a makeup.
3. Holidays: We will not hold classes or lessons on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. Classes will be resumed at their regularly scheduled time the following week, and every effort will be afforded to provide a makeup lesson.